Youth Civic Leaders Summit
- Participation is by team. Teams are made up of at least two youth ages 14-18, and one adult.
- Youth must be ages 14-18 before Jan. 1, 2019.
- Adults are team leaders and chaperones (ages 21 & older) for youth from their county/community (Extension faculty, community leaders, teachers, volunteers who actively support youth).
- Adult team leaders must be complete steps to be an active 4-H volunteer by Feb. 1.
- Young adults (ages 19-20) can assist team leaders, but will not chaperone youth.
- Teams have a minimum of 3 members (1 adult, 2 youth) and a recommended maximum of 10 members (2 adults, 8 youth). Counties can register more than one team (4-H, MCB, etc.)
- Click on the registration link for details on how to organize and register a team!
Windermere Conference Center is a world-class camp and conference center, 15 minutes south of Camdenton off Hwy. 54, in the heart of Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks region. The conference center is home base for YCLS.
Youth registration is $170. Includes Friday/Saturday night lodging, Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast, t-shirts, materials, recreation (except EDGE challenge course) and all weekend activities. EDGE challenge course participants add $25.
Adult registration is FREE. One adult chaperone per team can register for the first 2-5 youth registrations. Teams with 6+ youth can register a second adult chaperone FREE.
Lodging for YCLS includes deluxe accommodation rooms with 5 beds/1 bath -- youth with youth, adults with adults. Roommate preferences may be made at registration. All rooming arrangements are made prior to the event, and are final. Families do not need to contact Windermere to reserve rooms.
What to Bring:
Dress code for the weekend is casual. Summiteers will receive a packing list, dress code, school absence request letter, code of conduct, and chaperone information at least two weeks prior to the event.
Team check-in is Friday, March 1, from 4:00-5:00 p.m. Teams should plan to arrive by 5 p.m. for check-in, and dinner from 5:30-6:00 p.m. A required meeting for all adult chaperones will be from 6:15-7:00 p.m. Opening assembly is Friday 7:30 p.m. and last assembly finishes at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday.
The Summit planning team is committed to making the event accessible to all participants, as much as is possible. If a youth or adult has a special need, please communicate this at the time of registration.
Refunds, Cancellations, or Substitutions:
If a cancelation/refund is requested, contact the conference organizers immediately. Refunds for cancelations will only be made until Feb 1.
If a substitution is requested, contact the conference organizers immediately. Counties may request male-for-male or female-for-female substitutions no later than Feb 15, for the same roommates and program selections as the original registrant.
Registration - Sherry Grace, email@example.com, 573-882-9360
Conference/4-H contact - Steve Henness, firstname.lastname@example.org, 573-884-6618
Conference/MCB contact - Teresa Keller, email@example.com, 660-383-1034