Youth Development Academy
The University of Missouri (MU) Youth Development Academy raises the potential of professionals to design and lead positive youth development for children and youth, ages 5-18.
Through YDA, participants learn how to:
- Relate principles of positive youth development to settings in which they work.
- Align youth programs with ages and stages of youth development.
- Design experiential learning activities that support youth learning and development.
- Create environments that promote positive relationships between youth and adults.
- Plan and evaluate youth programs that deliver positive results and impact.
- Embrace culture and diversity as assets for development in a multi-cultural society.
- Facilitate youth-adult partnerships and engage youth as resources and partners.
- Develop volunteer systems to grow resources and meet youth developmental needs.
- Manage risks to protect youth and to safeguard assets and reputation of programs.
- Build community partnerships to expand capacity and improve outcomes for youth.
Alison Copeland, University of Missouri
1110 S College Ave, Room 105, Columbia, MO 65211-3410
Steve Henness, University of Missouri
1110 S College Ave, Room 142, Columbia, MO 65211-3410