Show Me 4-H Wares at the State Fair
The 8th Annual Show Me 4-H Wares booth is accepting applications beginning May 1, 2015 for young entrepreneurs to sell their 4-H products and services at the Missouri State Fair on August 13, 14, 15 and 16, 2015.
Any 4-H member age 11-18, pair of 4-H members, or team of up to three 4-H members from the same club, is eligible to apply to market or sell original products or services.
Youth enrolled in the 4-H entrepreneurship project (and/or participating in county fair booths) are especially encouraged to apply (not required for eligibility).
Upon selection, youth will sign up for a 4-hour time slot at the booth. Youth exhibitors will receive a packet of information and participate in a conference call to help them prepare for their appearance at the Show Me 4-H Wares booth.
Starting May 1, 2015, members may apply on 4-HOnline, including:
- A thorough description of the product or service
- A letter of recommendation from an unrelated adult about the youth and the items to be sold
- A quality photo of the items to be sold
- Preferred half-day timeslot, August 13-16
- Approval of parent/guardian and 4-H county staff
- $20 youth exhibitor registration fee, payable to University of Missouri, upon selection
Applications are due in the state 4-H office between May 1-July 1.
Up to 16 youth exhibitors and/or teams will be selected to sell during the four days.
Selected youth will be notified by July 15 and invited to participate in a conference call on August 1.
2014 Summary of Show Me 4-H Wares (PDF)
Show Me 4-H Wares Materials
Show Me 4-H Wares Flier (PDF)
4-H Entrepreneurship Events This Summer! (PDF)
Steve Henness at email@example.com or 573-884-6618