September 22, 2018
University of Missouri-Columbia
What is State 4-H Fashion Revue?
State 4-H Fashion Revue is a competitive event for 4-H youth. Although it is preferred that youth be enrolled in 4-H clothing, textile, knit, or crochet projects, the State Revue is open to any 4-H member that is selected as a winner of a county 4-H Fashion Revue. County rules or policies determine local project enrollment requirements. During county and state 4-H Fashion Revues, youth have the opportunity to demonstrate what they've learned about clothing construction, consumerism, appearance, grooming habits, clothing selections and more.
4-H youth that were selected as winners of county 4-H Fashion Revue events during 2018 are eligible to participate in the State 4-H Fashion Revue on September 22 at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
In addition to attending fun, educational workshops, youth will participate in a session where an adult expert judges their made and purchased garment. Lunch will be at Waters Auditorium and a fashion show will be held at Missouri Theater near the MU Campus.
Objectives are to provide:
- An opportunity to demonstrate skills and knowledge of clothing and textile construction and consumerism
- A reflection of the fashion trends of young people
- A learning experience in dressing and grooming for the "total" look
- An educational workshop for learning to project a smile, enthusiasm and poise, and help build self-confidence
- An opportunity for each 4-H participant to involve his or her special talents
- An educational program that may be adapted and reproduced at the county/area level