State 4-H Fashion Revue is a competitive event. Participants are judged on these general criteria.
- Ability to exhibit poise and confidence
- Ability to demonstrate ensemble to reflect his/her personality
- Ability to exhibit the skills-necessary to plan, select, and acquire clothing for different occasions
- Ability to show the skill and ability to select suitable and becoming accessories to wear with garment
- Ability to maintain a good posture and exhibit good grooming habits
- Ability to demonstrate fashion "know-how" by creating the "total look" in the particular fashion style chosen, including hairstyle, make-up, and accessories
- Ability to demonstrate skills used to create a knitted or crocheted garment
- One junior (age 8-10), one intermediate (age 11-13) and one senior (age 14-18) may participate in the Clothes You Make and in the Clothes You Buy categories. One contestant (junior, intermediate, or senior) may participate in the Knit and in the Crochet categories. Each county may send up to eight contestants.
Finalists in the State 4-H Fashion Revue will receive awards.
Senior division State 4-H Fashion Revue winners who place first in any category (clothes you make, clothes you buy, knit, and crochet) are eligible to compete in that category again.
Garments may be made from any fabric, but please indicate if fabric is 100% cotton or 60% wool on the Clothes You Make Garment Data Form.
Resources for all project levels