Missouri 4-H Foundation Scholarships
The Missouri 4-H Foundation offers educational scholarships for 4-H youth and former 4-H members pursuing post-secondary study.
More than sixty scholarships are available, each ranging from $500 to $2,500. One scholarship application allows the applicant to be considered for any available scholarship, subject to the conditions specified by the donor.
Applications are accepted after January 1 and are due with a postmark date of April 1 to the state 4-H office. The county due date for applications may be earlier than the April 1 state deadline. After county approval and signature, your application will be mailed to the state 4-H office by your county.
- Available Scholarships (PDF)
- Scholarship Application Form (PDF) | (DOC)
- Scholarship Score Card (PDF)
- High school applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Home-schooled youth must submit ACT or SAT scores. College applicants must have at least a GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- The scholarship must be used within nine months after it is awarded. (Applicant must be enrolled in school).
- A word processor must be used to complete the application. Use plain white 8 1/2 x 11" paper with 1-inch margins. Use a font no smaller than 12-point. Single-spaced within each answer and double-spaced between questions.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
The Missouri 4-H Foundation scholarship application form should be completed and must include:
- Signature of applicant and 4-H/Extension staff
- High school/college transcripts (must include GPA and can be unofficial) or ACT/SAT scores for home-schooled youth
- Financial information page completed by parent/guardian
A committee determines scholarship selection based on the following score system:
- 70% 4-H achievement in leadership, citizenship, community service and projects
- 20% financial need
- 10% career goals
Financial need scoring is determined as follows:
- 1 point for each dependent child under the age of 21 in the family
- 2 points for each family member attending college
- Adjusted gross income:
- 10 points for $15,000 and under
- 7 points for $15,001 to $20,000
- 5 points for $20,001 to $30,000
- 2 points for $30,001 and above
For questions regarding Missouri 4-H Foundation scholarships, contact the Missouri 4-H Foundation office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 882-2680.