Summers @ Mizzou
July 12-16, 2015
"Where youth biz ideas become reality!"
Are you interested in learning how to earn your own income, work at something you love, or take up a cause to make a difference? Explore the world of entrepreneurs and get ready to start something! Meet new friends, experience life on campus, and team up with students, entrepreneurs, social media experts, and business advisors who can help you. At camp, you will gain the confidence, connections, and a course of action to make your imprint on the world as a young entrepreneur!
Find Build-a-Business camp on Facebook!
- 12-year-old girl raises $1,000 for homeless veterans
- Camp draws top-notch entrepreneurs
- From clover kid to e-commerce entrepreneur
- 12-year-old girl wins business competition
- Camp encourages kids to develop their own biz
Why youth should attend?
It’s fun! It’s hands-on! It’s educational! It’s meeting new people! It’s right now!
What youth are saying:
- “Camp exceeded my expectations…we were treated like real entrepreneurs.”
- “I learned to create ideas and expand them. This will help me further in my life.”
- “I loved getting to talk with the pros. The one-on-one advisor session was way cool.”
- “I learned about the challenges of starting a business and how to overcome those challenges. Now I will be able to start a business, instead of in 15 years.”
Examples of youth micro-business ideas:
- Digital audio conversion services
- Beekeeping and honey
- Natural soap products
- Herbal lip gloss
- Musical instrument repair
- Youth motivational speaking
100% of youth said camp strengthened an existing business idea or inspired a new one. 81% were more confident they would pursue entrepreneurship following camp!
Why parents should send...
Today’s young people (or Generation Z, born since 1994) are being called the entrepreneurial generation. More than two-thirds of high school students say they would like to start their own business someday. Kids begin to learn marketable skills and habits early which contribute to success throughout their lives.
Entrepreneurial skills are becoming more valued within the workforce in education, industry, and government, and for starting for-profit or non-profit ventures.
At Build-a-Business Camp, youth ages 12-18...
- Explore entrepreneurship as a career or lifestyle
- Develop an idea and create a plan for their own youth micro-business
- Learn basics from money, tax, and insurance professionals
- Network with student entrepreneurs and gain advice from faculty and business professionals
- Participate in a pitch competition for prizes!
Life skills youth take away from their camp experience include: goal-setting, wise use of resources, teamwork, problem-solving, record keeping, a greater sense of self-determination for the future, and more!
Why communities should sponsor...
Local home-grown entrepreneurs are the new economic engine for local communities, creating jobs and generating new investment.
Communities who invest in entrepreneurs define themselves as entrepreneur-friendly, cultivate new talent, and give young people more options, including a local "address for success."
A full or partial scholarship for a young person to attend Build-a-Business Camp is an investment in discovering and developing a new generation of community entrepreneurs!
2014 Build-A-Business Camp Sponsors:
For more information about
Summers @ Mizzou
Build-a-Business Camp, contact: