Shooting Sports events
Hunting and Outdoor Skills Leader Certification Workshop
April 12-14, 2019
Windermere Conference Center
Lake of the Ozarks, Roach, Mo.
** Please note that you must be a recognized 4-H volunteer in order to register for any of the 4-H Shooting Sports Leader Certification workshops. Steps can be found at http://4h.missouri.edu/volunteer.aspx
The workshop begins 7:30 p.m. on Friday with a “hands-on” specimen preservation session.
The registration will be through 4HOnline. If you do not have a 4HOnline profile, you will need to make one. The profile creation is found on the same page as the profile login.
Online registration is open. Registration is limited so do not delay.
Registration closes: March 1 (or when the workshop fills.)
Here is your chance to become certified to teach the 4-H Hunting and Outdoor Skills project of the Shooting Sports program. Participate in active learning as you become acquainted with this challenging, yet FUN project. Learn firsthand from the state instructors on how to lead a local/county Hunting Skills program. Experience various teaching activities that have proven effective for youth. Receive answers to your questions. And become part of a network of other Hunting Skills volunteer instructors.
The workshop will cover topics such as:
- Wildlife Identification — hides, skulls, scat, tracks, wings
- Firearm selection — matched to game hunted
- Map and compass skills
- Plaster casts of animal tracks
- Contest event information and tips
- Dutch-oven cooking
- Hunting Skills State Team insights
- Simulated hunting and shooting activities
- Carmelita Hunt
$85 — includes two nights' lodging, five meals (three on Saturday and two on Sunday), curriculum notebook and supplemental resources
- Completed Missouri 4-H Volunteer application and screening process
- Complete mandatory Missouri 4-H Volunteer Orientation (or do so soon)
- Willing to work with local 4-H members
A certified leader (instructor) must be at least 21 years of age.