Shooting Sports events
4-H Western Heritage and Cowboy Action Shooting Volunteer Training
April 27-29, 2018
Saline County 4-H Range in Marshall, Mo
Attendees must be present for entire workshop:
- 6:30 p.m. — Check in
- 7:30 p.m. — Program begins
- 8:30 a.m. — Program begins
- 2:00 p.m. — Program concludes
Registration opens: Registration ends:
Registration will be via 4HOnline. If you do not have a 4HOnline profile, you will need to make one. Profile creation is found on the same page as login. Event registration help guide is found at http://4h.missouri.edu/doc/MOEventRegistration.pdf
New programs must send a team of volunteers to this workshop. Counties with current Western Heritage program may submit one or more volunteers to this workshop.
Minimum requirements for new programs:
- Team of three to five volunteers attend the entire workshop and commit to the project.
- At least two volunteers must be 4-H certified in a firearm discipline: Rifle, Pistol or Shotgun. (Hunting Skills, Coordinator, Archery, Muzzleloading do not count.)
- Volunteers without firearm certification can assist in a variety ways and are encouraged to attend the training. Those with historical and living history interests are strongly encouraged.
- All must be currently approved as a Missouri 4-H volunteer.
- Must have ongoing active county Shooting Sports program. (To qualify as an active county, have three or more certified volunteers, have two or more disciplines, participate in state shoot participation, and have been an active program for three years or more.)
This is not mounted cowboy shooting; no horses allowed! We do not anticipate it ever being a mounted shooting program.
$70 — Fee covers the cost of curriculum, selected resources, noon meals and ammunition used.
Lodging and meals
Lodging is not included as part of the workshop. Each student is responsible for securing and paying for their own lodging. Three meals are provided; Friday evening and Saturday/Sunday breakfast meals will be on your own.